Monday, February 22, 2010

More toys...

I'm a guy, I love my toys.
Today, aboard the BLISS, I installed an in-dash dvd player. That's right, not CD (but it will play CDs) but DVD. You know, movies.


You can see the little TV screen upper center of photo. It's showing a movie on one channel.

It also has ports for SD chips, a USB, and a standard audio input. I also installed a flip-down TV screen that I once had in the Westy (now sold and gone) in the nav station to display the movies and, get this, a little weatherproof color security cam!
Here, you can see me taking the photo in the TV screen on the second channel. The security cam is on the desk.

I plan on mounting the security cam underneath the radar dome on the mast and get a forward view, day or night, of the sea directly from the nav station. So when I'm on "watch" I can watch a movie, and click over to a view of the sea ahead and back instantly. If the radar picks up a blip, the camera will give me a better view because it's so much higher up on the boat... kinda' like an electronic crows nest.

2 comments:

Mic said...

Cool!!!....always fun to get a new gadget working.

Chrissy y Keith said...

You are such a male....