Friday, September 12, 2008

I know you're out there reading this...

Because I have IP2MAP (the little button near the bottom, right hand side). IP2Map tells me where my last 100 readers are from, based on their IP number, then it puts them on a map of the world, like this:


then it lists the last 100 places in the world where you'all logged into the net (an abbreviated version here):

MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN (UNITED STATES)
GUAYMAS, SONORA (MEXICO)
CAMARILLO, CALIFORNIA (UNITED STATES)
GREECE
BURLINGTON, VERMONT (UNITED STATES)
TOKYO, TOKYO (JAPAN)
ROYAL OAK, MICHIGAN (UNITED STATES)
MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA (UNITED STATES)
BURLINGTON, VERMONT (UNITED STATES)
GUAYMAS, SONORA (MEXICO)
BEL AIR, MARYLAND (UNITED STATES)
COVENTRY, ENGLAND (UNITED KINGDOM)
BUDAPEST, BUDAPEST (HUNGARY)
EL CAJON, CALIFORNIA (UNITED STATES)
COVENTRY, ENGLAND (UNITED KINGDOM)
BATH, PENNSYLVANIA (UNITED STATES)
TOKYO, TOKYO (JAPAN)
HOPKINSVILLE, KENTUCKY (UNITED STATES)
ELIZAVILLE, NEW YORK (UNITED STATES)
CINCINNATI, OHIO (UNITED STATES)
CLEARWATER, KANSAS (UNITED STATES)
SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES (AUSTRALIA)
BURLINGTON, VERMONT (UNITED STATES)
VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA (CANADA)
GERMANTOWN, MARYLAND (UNITED STATES)
SLIPPERY ROCK, PENNSYLVANIA (UNITED STATES)
IOWA CITY, IOWA (UNITED STATES)
RENTON, WASHINGTON (UNITED STATES)
BRIDGEVILLE, PENNSYLVANIA (UNITED STATES)
LEESBURG, FLORIDA (UNITED STATES)

I guess most of you are shy, or feeling guilty for reading my blog when you're supposed to counting beans on your (or the company's) computer, because I don't get a lot of comments.

Maybe you feel like, "Gawd, he's a gazillion miles away, doing some things I want to do when I finally dump this stoopid job," or maybe, "Gawd, what a dumbo! He goes out and buys a wreck of a boat when he has a perfectly good sloop to go sailing in. Why isn't he lying on the sand sipping Coronas like they do in the commercials??"

Or maybe it's a BLEND (love that word!) of the two thoughts above, or maybe it's something totally unrelated and/or completely original. The sad thing is, nobody will really know until you put your teensy digits on the keyboard and type something in the comments.

Or maybe, you think, "Gawd. He doesn't know me from Adam/Eve!" I can help with that... I'll go through that list and tell you what I know about each place, so you'll feel more at home here...

MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN (UNITED STATES)-- beer, not Corona, though
GUAYMAS, SONORA (MEXICO)-- c'mon, that's probably ME
CAMARILLO, CALIFORNIA (UNITED STATES)-- Home of Harbor Freight, on Hwy 101
GREECE-- unh...
BURLINGTON, VERMONT (UNITED STATES)-- I know, I know! Woolen clothes and stuff
TOKYO, TOKYO (JAPAN)-- Must be Maria, from Ferroever!
ROYAL OAK, MICHIGAN (UNITED STATES)-- Is this where all those guys with Westy's live?
MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA (UNITED STATES)-- Garrison Keillor, mosquitos and ice fishing
BURLINGTON, VERMONT (UNITED STATES)-- see above
GUAYMAS, SONORA (MEXICO)-- More of ME
BEL AIR, MARYLAND (UNITED STATES)-- Oooooh. Sounds ritzy.
COVENTRY, ENGLAND (UNITED KINGDOM)-- Is this one of my old girlfriends?
BUDAPEST, BUDAPEST (HUNGARY)-- unh...
EL CAJON, CALIFORNIA (UNITED STATES)-- hmmm
COVENTRY, ENGLAND (UNITED KINGDOM)-- Can't give me up, can you girl?
BATH, PENNSYLVANIA (UNITED STATES)-- ??
TOKYO, TOKYO (JAPAN)-- I'll check on your boat for ya'.
HOPKINSVILLE, KENTUCKY (UNITED STATES)-- lost me there...
ELIZAVILLE, NEW YORK (UNITED STATES)-- Maybe you could clue me in?
CINCINNATI, OHIO (UNITED STATES)-- Hey! The original owners of the GF lived there!
CLEARWATER, KANSAS (UNITED STATES)-- unh..
SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES (AUSTRALIA)-- It's BEER, mate!
BURLINGTON, VERMONT (UNITED STATES)-- I don't blame you. Must be freezing up there!
VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA (CANADA)-- Could it be the crew from SOL MATE?
GERMANTOWN, MARYLAND (UNITED STATES)-- I know Chevy Chase, though...
SLIPPERY ROCK, PENNSYLVANIA (UNITED STATES)-- Home of the Slippery Rock State Teachers College, and Rolling Rock beer (I think).
IOWA CITY, IOWA (UNITED STATES)-- Good sailing there, eh?
RENTON, WASHINGTON (UNITED STATES)-- Home of Mr. Softy!
BRIDGEVILLE, PENNSYLVANIA (UNITED STATES)-- unh...
LEESBURG, FLORIDA (UNITED STATES)-- That rings a bell..

SEE? Now don't you feel at home?
I've done my part, the rest is up to you.

6 comments:

1st Mate said...

Fugedaboudit. I've been blogging for three years now and my stats show hundreds of readers, but I only have about six blogging buds who regularly comment. Some people who aren't on gMail tell me Blogspot won't accept their comments. Put in a Cbox and maybe you'll hear from somebody out there.

MxSailor said...

OK- another thing is my blog is set to NOT allow anonymous comments, but my concern is getting spammed. The C box may be the answer- I'll steal one from you.

Margarita Mirasol said...

Hehe. Funny post.
Don't worry about getting spammed. I've never been spammed. Those who worry end up getting spammed, or those who use that bloody awful word verification. WV says a lot about a person. A lot.
I've stopped reading blogs with wv.
Evil roar.

rob said...

OK, so where is my little red dot on the greater map of things? :o))

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Ha ha - I love that you called it on all these people!! I want to do the same on my 5 readers.
Too bad La Paz, BCS didn't show up (til now). Would love to see what you know about La Paz!
Good luck on the boat.
;)

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.