Saturday, September 6, 2008

A new (permanent?) home for BLISS

I went out to the GREEN FLASH as promised and gave a pint of blood to the local insect population before scampering back to the house with a five gallon paint container filled with polyurethane foam to act as a temporary mooring buoy.

Then it was off to the bay in the dinghy to move the boat one last time. We've been on four different moorings in as many months, until we heard that Vincenzo, owner of the charter boat BRAVO was the guy to see about putting in a mooring. Two weeks and $500 later, we now have a home for BLISS.
Vincenzo (do they call him Vinnie?) will relocate the mooring if we want, so that's a good thing. He tells me the mooring consists of a block of concrete four by six feet, three feet high.

Next up, I'm going to see if I can find instruction online on how to build a proper mooring ball.

4 comments:

1st Mate said...

Doesn't she look cozy sitting there? Looking forward to when the heat lets up a bit more and we can take some friends out sailing.

Overboard said...

The dumbest thing I ever did was get rid of my mooring buoy but I got spooked by the Port Captain. I kick myself daily!!!

MxSailor said...

Hi Maria-
When you get back, contact Vincenzo. But with the size and weight of AJ, you will need something pretty big on the bottom. Also, only non-humans are expected to be perfect!

rob said...

How about taking a couple of mouldings from a suitable plastic bowl and glassing a one inch rod or pipe with two rings welded on the ends (maybe one welded and one threaded for ease of construction, and then glass them togeather and fill with pu builders foam?